Gastric troubles have often been ridiculed by one and all but having been a patient of it for more time than I’d like, I know the pain involved. And here’s a tried and tested herbal solution that would just work wonders for those bloated days.
Cumin is considered to be a good solution for digestive problems, such as burning sensation, bloating, headache and nausea in a few cases. The recipe here is for avoiding these problems, I ingest this potion whenever I am having gastric troubles and it works for me better than the regular over the counter antacids and is totally herbal without any side effects and can be used for children as well.
2 table spoons Cumin / Jeera(in hindi)
4 cups Water (regular)
- Bring the water to boil in a deep pan and add the cumin to it.
- Stir the cumin until they settle at the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to boil the water until you can see the 4 cups of water has approximately reduced to 2 cups or so.
- Strain the solution and warm the mixture.
- Drink the liquid while it is still warm.
- You can use fennel seeds instead of cumin.
- I observed that using Ajowan caraway / Bishop’s weed / carom seeds produced better and quicker results to the problem.